I suggest you ...

should integrate offline support.

Yesterday i wanted to work in an offline situation, but i had to connect my macbook via iPhone to the internet to see the screens i'm working on

264 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Timo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alex Cyon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously... Zeplin is complety unusable, WHY WHY WHY did you chose to discard any existing data just because my computer went offline.

I love to program while traveling - thus lacking internet connectivity. Now Zeplin prevents me.

You really have to fix this.

• Dan James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually don't care if everything works offline, but what's really annoying is that the design that you have open disappears when you go offline. At the very least, please persist the state that the app is in before I go into a tunnel on the train. You don't need any fancy sync tools for that - just don't remove what's on the screen when I go offline!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wtf they still don't have it? It's 2+ years from the start comment date on this and still no offline?

Agree too! I just want to check some specs for UI design and I can't. Please implement offline access!

• Gabriel Mott Colors commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on prioritization of allowing offline functionality? Obviously commenting etc will be delayed but developers could have all info they need to use without having a good internet connection.

• Paul Hoepfner-Homme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Offline support is critical for those designers and coders who don't have reliable Internet access, for whatever reason. For instance, I have a tight deadline to produce this website using my colleague's designs, but this month I'm living somewhere rurally where I only have sporadic high-speed Internet. I can download all the screens and resources quite quickly (within a matter of minutes) when I'm connected to, say, the local library's WiFi. But as soon as I leave the WiFi and try to use Zeplin – even though I've opened all the screens to get Zeplin to cache them – the app still refuses to show me anything as soon as it detects my network is down. It's a bit frustrating because I know that Zeplin already does lots of caching. I don't need the latest changes or comments – the designs have been finalized now and I just need to turn them into a website.

Here's an interim solution I came up with, though: Before I leave WiFi, I open my web browser to the Zeplin web app, then load the first screen; while that downloads, I open another new tab and load the second screen; then I open another tab and load the third screen, and so on. When I'm done I have my browser open with a dozen or so tabs, each showing one of the screens from Zeplin. I confirmed that I can disconnect from WiFi and still manipulate each screen – i.e., get the CSS properties, color codes, measurements, zoom in and out, etc. I also confirmed that I could still access them after having my MacBook in standby for a while and resuming, still with WiFi off. I'm just relying on my web browser's in-memory cache, which seems to work great.

Of course, if I have to restart my computer or accidentally close the browser, all will be lost, so I have to a little careful to keep it open at all times.

Hopefully soon enough this workaround won't be necessary. But I hope it helps someone else in the meantime.

Also, my client developers are inside a private network, so they cannot access the online Zeplin files. A possibility to send them offline measurements would be great.

• Aleksandr Pasevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add this feature, it's really frustrating to realise that you can't access your designs on the boat in the middle of the ocean :]]

• Hayden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. There isn't much of a reason Zeplin HAS to have an active internet connection to be used, and there is a lot of front-end work one can do in offline situations (long plane-rides, travel abroad, etc). Having offline support would greatly improve Zeplin.

Feedback and Knowledge Base