I suggest you ...

Allow exporting of SVG files for all project types.

I wish to be able to export SVG assets for my iOS project type. It's nice to have that I have that capability with web projects, but it becomes more limited for iOS/Android.

155 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just SVG, but other asset formats within a project. Currently, we have to make duplicate projects (iOS and Android) for the same design files just so that devs can download the correct asset formats. This is super inefficient as we have to (1) export every change twice; (2) leave the same comments for developers twice.

• Adam Naglich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty surprised to find that SVG assets are only available for Web and Android projects.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, we develop cross platform apps (iOS+Android+Win+Web) often using a single design file housed in Zeplin. Currently Zeplin only allows us to use one platform to export assets even if our Sketch file is setup to allow exporting in both iOS and Android formats.

Using Vector is not a good workaround in certain situations.

Could you allow exporting assets across multiple platforms as Sketch does?

Thanks

• Mohomed Thahsan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Zeplin, any progress on this? We are using React Native + Vector Icons (I'm pretty sure most people are) with custom SVGs using Icomoon. This is a huge limitation to our progress at the moment.

Feedback and Knowledge Base