I suggest you ...

Folders within projects

Tagging is nice but it's not the solution we need to organise our files. We're having trouble organising multiple pages, page flows and component flows across multiple breakpoints on large scale projects. If we could create folder structures for pages it would make life a whole lot easier.

238 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To aid with organising within folders, being able to control the size of the thumbnails would also be great

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh please do this, it is a pain in the ass. Develop a way to organize files. If you worry that people will be on basic plan forever, Each folder inside the project could be a different project itself. I've added 180 screens and developers have really hard time to find something when you see that amount of designs, i guess it is just distracting. I know that I can add a tag but it is just not the same as folders.

• phansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree w @renato's comment below, that SECTIONS would be a great feature to help visually provide categorization and separation, while still seeing the entire project.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Agree we need a better way of organizing our projects. Folder, Sections, whatever, but please explore this.

• Renato Costa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folders don't solve the problem. Folders are just like tags, the content is hidden inside them. SECTIONS is what we need. Just look at Invision.

• KC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - some form of grouping (folders,dividers, sub-sections with titles) would be helpful because tagging acts as a filter so it removes all other items. Folders / sections allow you to scan the screens that are in Zeplin (I don't upload ALL my Sketch artboards, so it's easy to compare what is and isn't there)

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tagging is fine if you only have a handful of tags and pages. But try working on a large scale project with tags for pages, components, breakpoints, devices, screen flows, etc. You end up trying to navigate through a wall of tags just trying to find the right ones to select to see a particular page. Why can't we just have an alphabetised folder list? Or even grouped tags

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folders would only be a way to visualise tags. Why doesn't tagging work for you?

Feedback and Knowledge Base