I suggest you ...

Allow for file name edits when downloading assets

Currently, Zeplin doesn't allow a developer to change the name of the file when they are downloading the assets. It is set to auto-override an old asset.

This behavior generally works well, but there should be an option for someone to change the name of the file they are saving.

136 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Devon Anderson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is just what is in my mind recently. as a designer, i try to be neat and tidy as possible. but the process of design itself (especially in mockuping screen), has takes my focus most of the time. i think i need to able to make revision about asset name after exporting screen to zeplin. that would be helpful.

+1

there should be option to edit name of file in zeplin iteself. not only while downloading.

• Ahmet Safa Orhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so crucial. As an android developer, I spend hours in total to rename assets. This should be relatively easy to allow us to edit asset name just before exporting to res folder.

naming convention is something application side, and should not be the only responsibility of the designer (who often doesn't care about the names at all)

• Abel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature. Without this, overriding assets in resources folders is not as practical as it should be (unless you dont mind having your designer assigning names to your project files)

Feedback and Knowledge Base