Got any suggestions?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow for file name edits when downloading assets

Currently, Zeplin doesn't allow a developer to change the name of the file when they are downloading the assets. It is set to auto-override an old asset.

This behavior generally works well, but there should be an option for someone to change the name of the file they are saving.

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to rename an asset

Assets with the same name as an existing asset (within an .xcassets file) get overwritten even if they are completely different images from different designs. We should be able to rename assets, or at least override the name on export.

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mac App should interpret zeplin web URLs as Mac URIs

There are currently two ways to add links to artboards and projects: Mac URI and Web URL. These are not compatible.
    - Clicking a Mac URI in the web player does nothing
    - Clicking a Web URL in the Mac App opens the default browser and loads the artboard or project on the web app

This leads to some issues when working with teams where some members use web app and some use the Mac app.

Proposed solution
    Use only Web URLs for sharing. Meanwhile, the Mac App should intercept any zpl.io and app.zeplin.io URLs and treat them as Mac…

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Native mac notifications when a new screen or comment is added

Use OS X native notifications to alert everyone when a new comment or screen has been added to a project.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Toggle between iOS and Android assets in one project

In an ideal world, I would like to create one project (usually with the client's name) and then the devs could switch between iOS and Android specs since we do both types of dev in-house. This creates one repository for designers to update and for developers to reference.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. smaller jpg/png exports

The image I use in my mockup is 484kb but the one I export to Zeplin is 4.5mb. No developer will use that. If image compression is not on the roadmap, then perhaps the ability to upload our own compressed images to a project?

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Be able to order screens in groups and not just by tags

Being able to tag screens is a really nice feature, but when I do any kind of responsive design/multi-screen feature, the amount of screens can get pretty lengthy. I'd like to be able to group them together. Many times, one dev is working on one feature and they have a rough time finding a screen even when tagged. It's also rough when re-ordering screens to find the right one it goes next to.

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text edit within web view

For the longest time we have issues with our copy process. It comes at the end and always requires designers to go back into old mocks and tweak copy over and over as marketing keeps sending us revisions.

We'd love to send the zeplin mocks over to our marketing team and let them go wild with suggesting text. Then they can understand what their limitations are instead of us giving them a character count for certain lines. So how about integrating text edit directly into uploaded mocks? (btw, love your product and it's made our work lives already so much…

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support Android 9 patch resources

For Android development, it would be helpful if these are recognized as 9.patches by the slice name (eg. "slice.9") and treated with care on asset export -- 9.patches have a 1px border that cannot be touched when scaling as it contains info for the system on how to stretch these.

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Being able to add commit comment when exporting to Zeplin

Right now we forced to comment the commit for each screen. When we export screens in bulk it's really painful. Commenting at the export will make more sense.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Comments dashboard

there should be a view where one can see all the comments for one's project in one view, to enter screens from comments and conversations not having to search for screens including conversations, which is quite an effort sometimes. So the dashboard shows all active conversations chronologically, the one with last post first, and the last posts per conversation immediately, and with entering/clicking the conversation, shows the screen/component the conversation was related to.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to sort and change dashboard view

Include ability to sort screens by name and date updated, and include a list view (especially useful when a project has a ton of screens that I just want to read the names of).

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Shared Global and Project Guidelines

It would be amazing if you could share guidelines across projects or at least allow grouping within projects that would share the same guidelines. To expand on the idea, I think the option to have Global Guidelines (across all projects) and Project Guidelines would be an even better enhancement. Regardless, great product, keep it up.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add ability to group members and invite by groups instead of individual members

Add ability to group members and invite by groups instead of individual members (for example, iOS Devs, Android Devs, etc). It would make creating a new project which will have the same members much more expedient.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Download all assets for a project

A common question from my developers is if there's a way to download all assets for a project. Similar to "assets used in this screen" but at the project level.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Font export

Hi,

we really like zeplin, but there would be one thing which would make it even more awesome. The ability to add the required fonts to zeplin so that developers easily can download the fonts as easy as the assets.
    Any chance to get this feature ;-)

Best regards
    Bernhard

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Microsoft Teams Integration

Would absolutely love to have an integration with Microsoft Teams like you do with Slack.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tabs for quick-switching

It would be nice to have the possibility of opening multiple artboards and switching in between them quickly.

I often face a scenario where I need to jump between artboards with different naming. Using the already existing options for quick-switching (#1: indirection via the Cmd+J "Jump to Screen" and #2: clicking back on the Dashboard) still have too much indirection, since the user needs to do the selection process of the artboard again and again.

The solution proposal could be:
    - Cmd+Click on artboards opens artboard in a new tab
    - Cmd+1/2/3... allows to jump directly to that screen

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?